Holiday Blues: When Your Family Needs a Lawyer More Than a Therapist
The holidays are a time for family and friends to come together, but they can also be a time for stress and conflict. If you have difficult family members, the holidays can be especially challenging. While the holidays can be a time of spontaneous fun, setting some rules and boundaries, or enforcing those boundaries can really help.
Here are a few ways a Family Law attorney can help keep the peace during the holidays. They can:
- Help you to create a holiday parenting plan. If you have a custody order that does not have or does not have an acceptable holiday parenting plan then an attorney can help you obtain an enforceable order. A clear plan can go a long way to reducing tensions as everybody knows the rules and expectations. Your family law attorney can help you to create a parenting plan that is tailored to your specific needs and circumstances.
- Help you to enforce a holiday parenting plan. An order that is signed by a judge is enforceable. If the other parent is not following the holiday parenting plan, your family law attorney can help you to enforce your rights in court.
- No support or custody order remains the best fit for your circumstances forever. If your circumstances have changed, your family law attorney can help you to modify your child support or spousal support order to ensure that it is fair and reasonable.
- No one should be the subject of domestic violence; Doubly so at the holidays. An attorney can help you to obtain a protective order. If you are a victim of domestic violence, your family law attorney can help you to obtain a protective order to protect yourself and your children.
- Help you to create an estate plan. You do not want to argue with relatives about what might happen if a family member dies. A well-drafted estate plan can help to ensure that your wishes are carried out after your death and that your loved ones are provided for. Your family law attorney can help you to create an estate plan that meets your specific needs and goals.
If you are facing any family law-related challenges during the holidays, it is important to seek legal advice from an experienced family law attorney. A family law attorney can help you to protect your rights and interests, and can help you to resolve any disputes in a timely and efficient manner.
Just a thought, take some time out of the house. Houston’s Annual Holiday Lights Ceremony is December 2, 2023 at City Hall.
JOHN AND MORGAN is a versatile law firm that handles Family Law cases such as Divorce, Child Support, and Child Custody. We do Wills and Estate Planning. We also do Intellectual Property work such as Patents and Trademark.
Call to schedule your consultation at 713-934-7000
IMAGES GENERATED WITH DALL-E
A PORTION OF THIS ARTICLE WAS CREATED WITH GOOGLE BARD